Many women have turned to oil based cleansers as an effective way to dissolve makeup and remove dirt from the day without stripping the skin of moisture.
Traditional soap/detergent based cleansers can irritate the skin, cause excessive dryness, and ultimately result in the skin overproducing oil after washing. Using oils instead of traditional cleansers can help protect the natural lipid layer of the skin and the good bacteria that live there, balance the skin and lock in hydration.
Further benefits of oil based cleansers are that they lift excess sebum (the oily substance produced by glands on your skin), clean out clogged pores like blackheads and whiteheads and remove dead skin, pollutants, and makeup.
How to clean your face with oil based cleansers:
- If you wear heavy makeup it is vital to make double cleansing so start with an oil blend to remove all makeup. Place 3-4 drops of Gentle Cleansing Oil on a slightly damp removal pad. Hold over each eye for a 4-5 seconds, then use a light touch to wipe away the make-up.
- Smooth 2 pumps of our Gentle Face Cleanser over your face & neck.
Then using wet fingertips, work over your skin in circular movements to help lift and emulsify dirt and grime.
- Use a damp, warm cloth to gently wipe away the cleansers, or you can simply rinse your face with water if you prefer so.
- Pat dry with a towel and apply your favourite Opala Moisturiser to hydrate your skin.
- Enjoy the clean and smooth feeling!